By and large, a large chunk of the population are not really keen about the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and jowls. Although there is no definite method or treatment to prevent the aforementioned signs from happening, you can actually do something to delay its appearance or somehow “soften” its severity.
A face lift procedure is the gold standard for reducing the signs of facial aging significantly through plastic surgery. However, it should be noted that there are different face lift techniques out there and the procedure may not be the ideal solution for anyone.
If you’ve been contemplating on whether or not you should have a face lift, it may be best for you to consider the ones below before making an informed decision:
- The plastic surgeon of your choice should have exceptional skills and solid experience in performing a face lift. Generally, it is best to find a surgeon specializing in facial rejuvenation surgery and has a portfolio of before-and-after photographs to prove it.
- Understand the basic components of a face lift procedure — removal of excess fat, tightening of muscles, and removal of sagging skin. The more you understand these components in-depth, the greater chances of you figuring out easily if a face lift is exactly the procedure you’re looking for.
- Figure out whether or not you are an ideal candidate of of a face lift. We earlier wrote a separate blog post about it.
- Find out which specific aging problems respond well to a face lift procedure. Generally, a face lift effectively reduces wrinkles and folds in the mid and lower parts of the face while it’s not as effective for aging problems in the upper third of the face.
- Sort out the different face lift techniques available for you. Currently, there’s a growing list of techniques or variations in the procedure such as the location of the incisions and part of the face that will be operated on.
- Learn about the things or steps that you need to do before and after the surgery. Do you have to quit smoking? What kind of anesthesia will be used in your case? How long should you take time off from work? Do you need to undergo adjunctive procedures during follow-up visits?
- Ask about the venue of your surgery. Is it an accredited facility? Is it fully equipped to handle emergencies?
- Find out other alternatives that will you provide you with the results you want. How about Botox? Or dermal fillers? Perhaps, a brow lift may work better than a face lift for the horizontal creases on your forehead.
- Acquire a detailed listing of the possible costs of the procedure.
- Figure out if you’re really comfortable working with the plastic surgeon of your choice. If you feel you are pressured or you are not given the right type of information, you might want to look for a different surgeon.
Your Personal Facelift Consultation with Dr. Lavey
During your consultation here at our Danville plastic surgery practice, Dr. Lavey will carefully discuss your treatments options in accordance to your cosmetic goals and preferences. He will work with you in creating a customized face lift surgical plan. Call 925.820.3633 or fill out this contact form today to set up an appointment. We look forward to your visit!
No comments yet.