Finding the right plastic surgeon is like finding that person you decide to spend the rest of your life with. It requires hard work (research, anyone?) and figuring out whether or not he or she is worth it. In addition, the plastic surgeon of your choice should have a thorough understanding of your personal cosmetic goals, preferences, and expectations of plastic surgery. By and large, it’s just like relationships wherein the other person should already know your strengths, weaknesses, and what basically turns you on (or off!)
Here at our Bay Area cosmetic surgery practice, we encourage our first-time clients to be more meticulous when choosing plastic surgeons. The following questions can help you acquire the results you want and find the surgeon that you can trust.
1. Would you please provide me in detail your credentials such as educational background, training, and plastic surgery experience?
2. Were you specifically trained in the procedure that I’m interested to have? How many similar procedures have you performed?
3. Tell me about your hospital privileges. Which hospitals are you affiliated with?
4. Is this the right procedure for me? If not, what are my alternatives?
5. How do I prepare for the procedure? What measures do I need to take to ensure that I achieve my desired outcomes?
6. What are the possible risks and complications of the procedure? If complications arise during the procedure, how will you and your team handle them?
7. How and where will you perform the procedure?
8. What measures do I need to take to avoid or reduce post-surgery pain, swelling, bruising, and related complications?
9. How much time should I allot for recovery? Will it keep me from work or school? Do I need to find someone to help or assist me at home?
10. Are you available for follow-up visits? What if I’m dissatisfied with my plastic surgery outcomes?
Making the Right Plastic Surgery Choice with Dr. Lavey
Each person is unique. Thus a personal consultation with Dr. Lavey should be in order to help you figure out which procedure suits you best. We are confident that you’ll find Dr. Right after speaking with him! Call us at 925.820.3633 or fill out this contact form to set up an appointment. We look forward to your visit!