Plastic Surgery is for males too at our office in Danville, CA
Cosmetic surgical procedures
- Removes excess skin, fat, or glandular tissue to correct projecting or drooping breasts
- Enhances the volume of the pectoral major muscles to give a stronger, more masculine look
- Excess breast volume caused by fat only may be corrected with very small scars using liposuction. This may also tighten the skin a little.
- Excess breast glandular tissue is usually removed with a scar around the lower nipple.
- Moderate or large excesses of skin are corrected by removing the excess skin. This often leaves long scars. Sometimes, excess folds in the armpits or mid-back (usually, in advanced age or after large weight losses) are removed by extending the scars to the back.
- Flat pectoralis muscles are enhanced with exercise (heavy weight lifting) and sometimes with insertion of semi-firm (the consistency of “gummy bears”) implants placed below the muscles.
- If visible scars are to be avoided, it is sometimes best to leave some fat to prevent excessive sagging of the skin
- Pectoral implants provide only a moderate amount of muscle enhancement. Regular weight-lifting with heavy weights is necessary for optimal muscle bulk.
- It is sometimes possible to feel or to see pec implants that are too large
- Weight gain may cause some increase in breast volume
Male Breast Reduction Surgery for Improved Masculine Look
For more details and to find out if you are a candidate for male breast reduction, please contact our office at 925-820-3633 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Lavey.