- 1973 – B.A. University of Chicago: Phi Beta Kappa, Illinois State Scholarship 1969-73, one of five Student Aides to the university’s president
- 1977 – M.D. Stanford University: American Society of Anesthesiologists Fellowship (Northwestern University, 1975)
- 1983 – completed combined general surgery/plastic surgery residency Stanford University, including one year of international plastic surgery training (Hadassah Hospitals in Israel).
- 1985 – Lifetime certification, American Board of Plastic Surgery
I have published in the major American peer-reviewed plastic surgery journals. Please contact my office for a list of research articles. I have provided instruction to other plastic surgeons on use of a new filling material, and on how to minimize postoperative nausea and vomiting. Recently, I have presented papers on forehead lifting and back contouring at the Plastic Surgery at the Red Sea International Symposium in Israel, and to the California Society of Plastic Surgeons. I have lectured several times to the John Muir Bariatric Surgery and to the ValleyCare Bariatric Surgery groups.
Aesthetic Professional Organizations
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
John Muir Medical Center/Aspen Surgery Center
Walnut Creek, California
San Ramon Regional Medical Center
San Ramon, California
Spanish and Hebrew are spoken.
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Special Recognition for Community Service and Volunteerism”
- Patients’ Choice Award
- J Magazine’s Top East Bay Cosmetic Surgeon
- Doctors Improving Healthcare Top Doctors and Dentists
- Medical Board of California Expert Reviewer