No matter the procedure — from a facelift to breast augmentation — your recovery period is a crucial component to the overall success of procedure. Here are some important points to accelerate healing and reduce your risk of complications.
- Healing is different in every patient. Age, general health, and lifestyle habits before and after surgery influence the speed and success of the healing process.
- When you can return to work depends on your job. If your job is highly strenuous and involves lifting and staying on your feet for extended periods, your return will be delayed more than for a person with a sedentary desk job.
- You should be conservative when planning time off work. If Dr. Lavey tells you it will take one week to fully recover, you should consider taking two weeks off. This will keep you from stressing out if things aren’t progressing as quickly as hoped, or if complications arise.
- Diet and rest are important to your recovery. Eat nutrient-rich, natural food as much as possible (and lots of protein for skin repair), and get as much sleep as possible during recovery.
- Do not miss any of your scheduled follow-up visits, and follow all of your post-surgery instructions to a T. This is the way to ward off most complications.
If you’re considering any cosmetic procedure, schedule a consultation with Dr. Lavey by calling 925-820-3633. We’ll realistically discuss what you can expect, including what your recovery will be like.