Plump, full lips are a universal sign of beauty. But very few women are lucky enough genetically to have them. Look around at a bunch of women and few, if any, Angelina Jolie-esque lips can be seen.
But Dr. Elliott can give you those lips with lip enhancement and rejuvenation procedures.
Here are some of the benefits of these procedures:
- Fuller, smoother, more sensual lips
- Shortening of aged, elongated upper lip skin
- Enhancement of the ridges between the lips and the skin around the lips (philtral columns)
- Smoothing of upper and lower lip skin wrinkles
- Correction of down-turning at the corners of the mouth
- Enhancement of the ridges between the nose and the upper lip (Cupid’s Bow and white roll)
Chances are when you were reading that list, you nodded at least a few times!
Techniques to beautiful lips
Dr. Lavey utilizes a variety of methods to achieve the lip enhancements you seek.
- Increasing volume by using hyaluronic acid fillers — Perlane, Restylane, or Juvederm), fat injections, or dermal skin grafts.
- Enhancement of philtral columns, Cupid’s bow, or white rolls using hyaluronic acid fillers
- Reduction of the most severe vertical wrinkles surrounding the lips with hyaluronic acid fillers. Botox or Dysport can also be used to weaken the underlying muscles that contract and cause lip wrinkles.
- Using dermabrasion, chemical peels, ablative lasers, or fractionated lasers to remove those same vertical wrinkles
- Shortening of an elongated upper lip by removing skin and fat just under the nose
- Using hyaluronic acid fillers or long-lasting volume enhancers such as Sculptra, and possibly Botox, to eliminate down-turning of the mouth corners.
As you can see, many of the solutions are provided by hyaluronic acid fillers, so the results are not permanent. Additional sessions when the fillers eventually are absorbed by the body need to be schedule to maintain your fuller lips.
Interested in filling out your thin lips? Call Dr. Lavey at 925-820-3633 and let’s talk about lip enhancement.
No comments yet.