Facelift results are permanent. However, the longevity of such results varies from one person to another. The facelift technique, current state of general health, and lifestyle following surgery are factors that influence how long the results of a facelift last. Ideally, anyone looking into having a facelift should sit down with their cosmetic surgeon and figure out if their expectations are in line with reality.
The following lifestyle changes can help maintain the dramatic results of a facelift:
- Quit smoking for good. Cigarette smoke not only predisposes you to a host of health issues such as cancer and cardiovascular disorders but it also accelerates facial aging.
- It’s not called beauty sleep for nothing! Aim for at least solid six to seven hours of sleep every night and chances are, you’ll wake up with naturally glowing skin.
- Sunscreen should be there every time you’re outside for longer than just a few minutes. Prolonged, unprotected sun exposure leads to the appearance of wrinkles, lines, and age spots.
- Consume the majority of your diet from nutrient-dense whole foods such as vegetables, grass-fed meat, eggs, and complex starches such as potatoes and sweet potatoes. Whole foods that are specifically ideal for the skin include avocados, olives, fish, and probiotic-filled foods.
- Consider non-surgical treatments such as facial fillers, Botox, and chemical peels regularly to complement facelift results.
Call 925.820.3633 or fill out our contact form to learn more about ways to make your facelift results last longer.